Evening of Illumination
Saturday, November 2, 2019
6 pm to 9 pm
Experience The Darker Side of Victorian Life
- • Learn about the Victorian phenomenon mesmerism which influenced hypnotism as we know today.
- • Discover the tricks of the trade used to create a seance and convince the living they are being visited by the dead.
- • Visit a Victorian wake and learn about mourning customs.
- • Join the famous Edgar Allan Poe for some of his most macabre tales in an eerie setting.
- • Hear about the history of the casket industry and how it developed by the late 19th century.
Guided by lantern light around the Victorian Village, guest will visit 7 25-minute interactive stations. Admission is pre-registration only.
$10 per person (ages 16 and up)
$8 Museum Member
This program is recommended for ages 16 and older.
Pre-registration deadline is Wednesday, October 30. You may register by calling 815-397-9112, ext. 104 or emailing email@example.com. No online registration is offered for this event.
Please dress for the weather. This event is rain or shine and all sales are final. Guests will check in by the Victorian Village Gate B on the far south side of the museum's parking lot.
Questions? Call 815-397-9112.